With millions of recipes on the internet, finding recipes that look delicious and taste delicious, can be hard. Now, with Whisk communities, you can save time finding the right recipe by collaborating with others. Communities make it easier to connect with others who share your food interests, so together, you can curate a space of relevant recipes that you can easily save, plan, and shop with Whisk. Learn how to get started with Whisk communities and discover, cook, and share recipes you love.
How to Join a Community
Quickly access communities you join from your home tab to start discovering new recipes.
- From the Home tab, you can browse different communities
- Once you’ve found a community you’d like to join, click Join in the top left corner of the community card.
- A pop up confirming you’ve joined that community will appear at the bottom of the screen. The button on the community card will also change from “Join” to “Joined.”
Once you’ve joined a community, a My communities section will appear at the top of your Home tab screen where you can view all of the communities you’ve joined
How to Contribute to a Community
Share recipes you love and inspire others in your communities.
- In order to contribute to a community, you must first join the community
- Once you’ve joined the community, navigate to the community’s page by clicking on the community card
- Click the + icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
- To share an existing recipe with the community, select Add an existing recipe. A list of your saved recipes will appear. Click the recipe you’d like to add, then press the Add button at the bottom of the screen.
- To share a new recipe with the community, select Create a new recipe. The recipe builder will appear where you can add details about your recipe. Click Save.
Once you’ve added a new or existing recipe, your recipe will appear in the recipe feed on the community’s page.
How to Save Community Recipes to Your Recipe Box
Browse, discover, and save recipes shared by your communities.
- Once you’ve joined a community, you can browse recipes that other contributors have shared.
- To save a recipe you like, simply click Save in the top left corner of the recipe card.
- A pop up will appear at the bottom of the screen to confirm the recipe has been saved to your recipe box. From this pop up you can also save the recipe to a collection by clicking Select Collections. Then, select an existing collection or create a new collection and press Done.
- Alternatively, you can click the recipe card and select the Save recipe button at the bottom of the screen. Once you’ve saved the recipe, you can then add it to a collection by tapping Select Collections from the pop up that appears or clicking the three dots in the top right hand corner and choosing Select Collection from the dropdown menu.
How to Create Your Own Community
Create a community around food interests that others will love too.
- From the Home tab, click the + icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A new window will appear prompting you to enter information about the community you’d like to create.
- Enter a name for your community and a brief description of what your community is about.
- Press Create.
- A confirmation pop up will appear. Your community will be reviewed by the Whisk team. Once it’s set up, you’ll receive a confirmation.
How to Share Whisk Communities with Others
Share your favorite communities with friends and family.
- To share a community, navigate to the community’s page from the Home tab
- On the community’s page, tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and select Share Community from the dropdown menu. If you’re already a part of the community, you also have the option use the Invite button on the community’s page.
- A new window will appear where you can then enter an email address, copy a link, text, or share the community through different social media platforms
- Once you’ve entered an email, press Send
- The recipient will receive an email from the Whisk team notifying them that you’ve invited them to join the community
How to Leave a Community
Leave communities that no longer interest you.
- From the Home tab, under My communities, navigate to the community you’d like to leave
- From the community’s page, tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen
- Then, click Leave community
- The community will no longer appear in the my communities section on your home tab
How to Change your Community name or description
Please contact us at [email protected] if you want to make changes to your community.