Saved a recipe but wish you could make a few changes? Need to substitute ingredients to make a recipe work for your dietary restrictions? Not only can you create your own recipes with Whisk’s recipe builder, but you can also easily edit your saved recipes to fit your needs. Add ingredients, modify the serving size, include helpful tips, and more. Here’s how you can use recipe builder to make your saved recipes work for you:
How to Edit Your Saved Recipes
1. Navigate to your Whisk recipe box. Tap theicon at the bottom of your screen.
2. Find the recipe you’d like to edit and tap the three dots to the right of the recipe name. Select Edit recipe from the menu.
- Alternatively, click into the recipe you’d like to edit and select the three dots in the top right corner of your screen. Select Edit recipe from the menu.
3. You’ll be redirected to the recipe builder where you can now edit the recipe.
4. In recipe builder, you can edit any of the recipe details.
- Title: Change the recipe’s name
- Add Photo: Upload your own photo of the recipe
- Source: To honor the original creator of the recipe, you will not be able to modify the URL field. However, you will be able to change the source name.
- Ingredients: Each ingredient will be listed. You have the option to edit, remove, or add ingredients.
- Directions: Step-by-step instructions will be listed. You can edit, add, or remove certain steps.
Quick Tip: If you want to add multiple ingredients or steps at once and already have them typed up in an email or document on your device, simply copy all of the additional ingredients or steps and paste them all at once into the blank text box. The recipe builder will automatically separate each ingredient or step onto different lines.
To see how it works, try copying and pasting the following list of ingredients into the blank text box under Ingredients.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
The same can be done for the list of steps. Try copying and pasting the following instructions into the text box under Directions.
- Place leftovers in a freezer bag.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Description: Modify or add a brief description to the recipe. You can add your own helpful tips, serving size suggestions, or any other notes you might like to jot down about the recipe.
- Servings: Modify or add the number of servings the recipe yields (i.e. 6 servings)
- Prep time: Modify or add how long it takes to prep ingredients in minutes or hours (i.e. 10 minutes)
- Cook time: Modify or add how long it takes to cook the recipe in minutes or hours (i.e. 5 minutes)
- Collection: Use the menu to add the recipe to a collection or move it to a new collection.
4. Click Save and all of your edits will be saved!