Need a place to digitally store your handwritten recipes? Experimenting with a new recipe but don’t know where to document it? Whisk’s recipe builder allows you to create and save your own recipes right to your recipe box so all of your recipes are always within reach. Here’s how to get started with recipe builder:
How to Build Your Own Recipes
1. Navigate to your Whisk recipe box. Tap the icon at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click the + icon in the bottom right of your screen and select + Create recipe from the menu that appears
3. You’ll be redirected to a new window where you can fill in all the details about your recipe
- Title: Give your recipe a name (try something like “Classic Guacamole”)
- Add Photo: If you have a photo of your recipe, you can upload it here
- Source: Add a URL or link to your recipe if you have one. You can also add a name for the URL, for instance, if it’s linked to your own food blog, you might add your blog’s name.
- Ingredients: Add each ingredient in your recipe. Start by adding your first ingredient in the text box–a new line will automatically appear for you to add the next ingredient
- Directions: Begin adding recipe instructions one step at a time–a new line will automatically appear for you to add the next step.
Quick Tip: If you already have the ingredients and recipe instructions typed up in an email or document on your device, you can copy the entire ingredient list or the instructions and paste them all at once into the text box. The recipe builder will automatically separate each ingredient and step onto different lines. Voilá!
To see how it works, try copying and pasting the following list of ingredients into the text box under Ingredients.
- 3 avocados
- ½ diced red onion
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 finely diced jalapeno
- ½ lime, juiced
- ⅓ cup of fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ tsp of cumin
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
The same can be done for the list of steps. Try copying and pasting the following instructions into the text box under Directions.
- Cut and remove the pits from the avocados.
- Scoop the avocado into a mixing bowl and mash.
- Gently stir in the red onion, tomato, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Add lime juice, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir until combined.
- Scoop up with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!
- Description: Add a brief description of your recipe, notes, helpful tips, serving size suggestions, or anything else you might like to jot down about your recipe.
- Servings: Add the number of servings your recipe yields (i.e. 6 servings)
- Prep time: Add how long it takes to prep ingredients in minutes or hours (i.e. 10 minutes)
- Cook time: Add how long it takes to cook the recipe in minutes or hours (i.e. 5 minutes)
- Collection: If you want to add your recipe to a collection, use the dropdown to add your recipe to an existing collection or create a new collection for this recipe.
4. Click Save and you’ll be redirected to your new recipe!